Evariant employs cookies in order for its server to recognize a return visitor as a unique user. Cookies are small text files placed in the ‘Cookies’ folder on a visitor’s hard disk and allow for Evariant to remember the visitor. The cookies placed by the Evariant server are readable only by Evariant, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a computer. All web browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if a visitor refuses the Evariant cookie then Evariant does not gather any information on that visitor, but doing so will require you to re-enter certain information at each visit, or prevents us from customizing the website’s features according to your preferences. You may also delete a cookie manually from your hard drive. Cookies themselves do not contain any personal information.
On the web site, Evariant may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to the Evariant web site as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s email address.
Information Gathered and What We Do With It
Personal Information: This policy covers the following personal information that Evariant collects through your use of the Evariant web site and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Evariant may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales and product inquiries. Evariant will gather information such as:
- Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. Most of the information we collect under this category is business contact information and when this information is collected in forms on our web site, it is collected and/or transmitted using Secure Socket Layout (SSL) technology.
- User preferences, such as product or industry interests, or newsletters.
- User profile information such as browser type, operating system, IP address, cookie information, time stamp and clickstream information.
- Personally Identifiable Information as a means of registration before accessing certain parts of the Evariant website. Personally Identifiable Information means any information that identifies you personally, including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, password, login ID and other contact information that you voluntarily transmit with your communication to us. Visitors of the website can always opt not to enter any of their Personally Identifiable Information, but this may restrict access to certain parts of the website.
Note that information is only gathered while you are on the website. Evariant monitors how you arrive at the website, but cannot and will not gather information about other third party websites you have visited.
Usage of Personally Identifiable Information
Evariant uses your Personally Identifiable Information to:
- Register you to use Evariant’s services
- Manage your user preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, and other information you select in the customer profile when registering with Evariant
- Verify your authority to enter into certain areas of the website
- Improve the content and general administration of the website and our services
- Provide you with notices regarding our services
- Understand our visitors and, with permission, provide visitors with updates on Evariant and its services.
The website may track information that will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and which will not contain your Personally Identifiable Information, for example, without limitation, the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, browser type, External websites (as defined below) linked to and IP addresses. Evariant may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, and we may use such aggregate information to administer the website, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Evariant may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information without prior notice to you: (a) if we believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or otherwise in cooperation with an ongoing investigation of a governmental authority; (b) to enforce any of Evariant’s agreements with you or to protect our rights; or (c) to protect the safety of users of the website and our services. Evariant will not sell your Personally Identifiable Information to any company or organization at any time. Promise!
Transfer of Assets
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all, or substantially all, of our assets, Personally Identifiable Information, non-personal information, and any other information we have collected about the users of our website may be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any insolvency or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Data Access and Correction
If you feel that any of your Personally Identifiable Information might be wrong or you would like for us to remove you from our systems, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-658-4388 so that we may correct or delete the information. Or you may write to us at the address below:
308 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06032
Evariant has a strict Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) prohibiting the use of our services and servers to send unsolicited commercial email. Evariant requires ALL its customers to adhere to the AUP at all times. Evariant continues to actively review and implement new auditing technology such as seed listing monitoring, complaint monitoring and email failure monitoring to ensure compliance with its AUP. Any violations of the AUP can result in immediate suspension of service or breach of contract. For a copy of our AUP policy, please contact us at email@example.com or 860-658-4388.
Links to Third Party Websites
Evariant employs reasonable procedural and technological measures, consistent with standard industry practices that are designed to help protect your Personally Identifiable Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example, we store the Personally Identifiable Information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a username and or password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Our team of security professionals continually monitors and tests our web interface touch-points and implements technology updates in an effort to prevent attempts for unwanted intrusion.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a website or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Reservation of Rights